This practical seminar focuses on methodology and tools of modern project management (traditional, agile and hybrid). In order to successfully master projects, you need confidence in the use of methodical tools and in interpersonal communication. The training is suitable for preparation for certification according to IPMA®.
From professionals for professionals
Our trainers have many years of practical experience in the implementation of complex projects. Use their experience and knowledge for the successful handling of your own projects.
On the subject
Project management means achieving ambitious goals with interdisciplinary teams in limited time and at defined costs. All project participants (project managers, project staff, experts) must understand how projects are correctly initialized, planned, implemented and successfully completed. In addition to traditional and agile project management, hybrid forms are increasingly being used. You will get an overview of proven process models and essential methods with focus on traditional and hybrid project management.
Project managers, sub-project managers and project staff from private and public organisations of all sizes and in all sectors, as well as resource managers in the line organisation, regardless of whether the projects are handled in a traditional, agile or hybrid way.
- High practical relevance through case studies of the participants and trainers with large project management practice of their own
- You know the basics of the procedures traditional, agile and hybrid and know their respective fields of application and limits
- You can apply the methods of traditional and hybrid project management relevant in practice according to the situation
- You know how to formulate project requests, agree project orders, clarify the initial situation and formulate the product vision
- You know how to structure and plan projects and how to set up efficient and meaningful project controlling
- You learn how to communicate effectively
- You know the tasks and responsibilities of all those involved in the project
- You will learn how to increase commitment in your project team
- You will optimize the handling of innovative, high-risk and cross-departmental projects
- You are prepared for IPMA Level D, C and B certification with regard to the competence areas of practices and perspective
Benefits for your company
- Successful mastering of projects within agreed deadlines and budgets
- Increased security in project planning and controlling
- Coordination and optimisation of the company-wide use of resources by reducing project risks, e.g. through early recognition of project endangering situations and timely taking of necessary measures
- Procedure models: agile, traditional, hybrid; selection of the appropriate model
- Project order / kick-off; product vision
- Goals and requirements; requirement specification and functional specification
- Analysis methods and information management; problem solving process
- Analyze and evaluate stakeholders
- Project organisation
- Planning in the traditional procedure, project structuring, phase/milestone and project structure plan (subprojects, work packages, deliverables)
- Project scheduling, cost planning and cost estimation methods)
- Risk management in projects)
- Connection of the project organization to the line organization
- Project controlling (monitoring and control) and project completion
- Interpersonal communication in the project environment
The seminar conveys the contents in a balanced ratio of didactic discussion and short input presentations. In order to achieve an optimal practice transfer, the seminar topics are applied and discussed using current case studies from the practical experience of the participants. Your active cooperation, including your practical experience, will enrich the learning process and the mutual exchange.
For further consolidation after this seminar, we recommend attending the seminars "Leadership and Team" and "Agile Project Management".
The internationally recognized certifications in project management according to the IPMA® guidelines demonstrate mastery of the three competence areas of practices, people and perspective.
The attendance of the two seminars "Methodology and Tools" and "Leadership and Team" provides an ideal basis for successful certification according to the current IPMA Individual Competence Baseline (ICB4). The Book "Project Management Handbook", Springerverlag, used in the training, deals with all aspects of IPMA certification.
The selection and immersion of the topics in the seminar is based on the requirements of IPMA®.
Project management means reaching demanding goals in limited time and with defined costs with interdisciplinary teams. All project participants (project staff, experts, project leaders) need to understand how projects are properly initialized, planned, executed and successfully completed. In addition to the classic and agile project handling, the hybrid form is increasingly being used. You will get an overview of these process models and essential methods.