Immersion of leadership competence in projects
About the topic
Poor communication is the most common reason for failing projects. Mainly in interdisciplinary and intercultural project teams or in matrix-organised companies the project manager needs leadership competence and communication strengths. To satisfy these requirements the project manager is often challenged to delegate subject-specific tasks in order to deploy his capacity for leadership tasks.
Who should attend the seminar?
The seminar addresses to project managers, project assistants and team members who are involved in the leadership of complex projects. The seminar is suitable for people in all markets and industry sectors and for private and non-profit organisations as well as for public administrations.
You have already acquired experience in project management and you have participated in the seminar «Project Management – Methodology and Tools» or equivalent.
- You create the necessary clearance for leadership by delegating subject-specific tasks
- You familiarize with the model of situational leadership
- You can detect resistance and conflict and act in an effective manner
- You learn how interpersonal communication works and you can analyse and influence the resulting effect
- With the Belbin team role model you compare your self-perception with structured outside perception(s) and gain higher sensibility how others perceive you
- You know different negotiation techniques and are able to apply them
- You know the success factors of designing change processes
Your company's benefit
- Higher success rate for difficult projects, which are most sensitive concerning their social complexity
- More effective meetings by target-oriented meeting preparation and deliberately chosen meeting technique
- Conscious leadership and moderation of project teams
- Confident handling of resistance and conflict
- Successful project start
- Team leadership and motivation
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary teams
- Conversation techniques and feedback
- Meeting lead and moderation
- Team development and clarification of roles
- Belbin® team roles
- Logic and psycho-logic of changes processes
- Handling resistance and conflict in projects
In this seminar a well-balanced proportion of lectures, discussions and group works will enable you to comprehend the extensive content. The relevant topics will be developed according to state-of-the-art project processes. You are invited to bring along your own project situations. We count on your active participation on the factual and emotional level (interpersonal relationships) in relation to the seminar content.
The soft skills of a project manager are getting as important as the methodical competence for the execution of complex projects. Mainly in interdisciplinary project teams or in matrix-organised companies the project manager needs leadership competence and communication strengths.