Master your talk: Presenting clearly, effectively and to the point - english
When you perform in front of an audience, the content of what you are saying, your voice and your body language interact on different levels and influence what the audience perceives and how you come across as a speaker. In addition, the brain, and therefore you and each person in the audience, creates their own individual perception ("Bayesian Brain Hypothesis"). This makes it even more difficult to consciously control your effect on the audience.
You want to
- Get your message across clearly and to the point
- Get to know your strengths and weaknesses when presenting
- Increase your confidence and competence as a speaker
- Engage your audience and keep that engagement
- Have the ability to continuously improve your talk
- Well-founded and constructive feedback regarding your personal speaking style
- Knowledge regarding the background and causes of how you are perceived
- Willingness to work together with others and to try something new
You will learn
- How structure, wording, voice, and body language interact
- How perception is made from a neuroscientific perspective
- What possibilities there are to give your talk structure
- How you come across as a speaker and why that is
Topics covered by the seminar
- The interactive effect of your talk: structure, wording, voice, body language
- Neuroscientific basis of perception: Perception is created by the perceiver
- The rule of five: Debate and talk structures
- Criteria-based perception training: Phenomenon-Effect-Supposition
- Well-founded and constructive feedback for your personal talk
Methods that are used
In this training you will have the chance to speak in front of the group multiple times and thus use what you learned immediately. You will receive theoretical inputs form a rhetoric background as well as from current theoretical considerations (cutting edge) in computational neuroscience. The theory will be illustrated using examples and hands-on exercises. In the criteria-based perception training, the trainer together with the other attendees will go into detail and give you very individual and helpful feedback. The overall goal is to empower you as a speaker.
You will receive documents in digital form, which can be accessed in your personal login area on the BWI homepage.
- Max. numero di persone
- 2 days
Since it is easier to learn with a familiar face: Bring your best colleague from the company and benefit from a 10% discount from the second participant onwards.