Workshop: Navigating uncertain times with confidence - with the effectuation approach
Many of our thinking and decision-making habits are based on forecasts about the future. But what if markets and general circumstances change fast and completely unpredictably? How can I deal with such situations as a business decision-maker, as a manager, or even as a private individual?
The Effectuation approach provides an answer – it is a method that complements conventional planning and is particularly suitable for managing the non-foreseeable, as it happens in career planning, leadership or even project management.
You want to
- Keep your ability to take action despite scarce resources in terms of time, personnel and budget
- Support innovation or an entrepreneurial culture in your organization
- Study a proven approach to dealing with complex, dynamic conditions
- Impulses for an acual project or plan of yours
- An actual situation you are dealing with, e.g. project, job search, looking for new markets
- Openness to various approaches and different problems
- to understand what distinguishes Effectuation from traditional planning approaches
- In which contexts Effectuation might be useful
- How you can apply Effectuation directly to your project
Topics covered by the seminar
- Models for dealing with complexity/uncertainty
- Distinguishing between risk, uncertainty and insecurity
- Effectuation versus traditional planning or agility
- The principles of Effectuation
- Direct application of the principles to your personal challenge
Methods that are used
- Direct application of the principles
- Individual and group work
You will receive documents in digital form, which can be accessed in your personal login area on the BWI homepage.
- Max. Teilnehmer
- 1 Tag
Since it is easier to learn with a familiar face: Bring your best colleague from the company and benefit from a 10% discount from the second participant onwards.